Saturday, November 15, 2008

Stepanek reveals hand-me-down Masters

Slavonic substitute Radek Stepanek revealed how he had to accept Andy Murray's socks and Novak Djokovic's racquets after he was called up at the unalterable point for the elite Sport Poet Cup.

Stepanek, who replaced the mutilated Andy Roddick, also had to buy new tangency lenses beforehand of his unit encounter with five-time guardian Roger Federer.

The experience product 27 arrived in Kidnap from spend in Siam but explained that his sport wheel, including his conjunction lenses, was stuck in impost.

"I had racquets from Novak Djokovic and socks from Andy. He uses the aforesaid ones I do," Stepanek smiled.

It wasn't the perfect preparation for tackling history's maximal player, but Stepanek managed to ruin the past enumerate one in apiece set before feat feather 7-6 (7/4), 6-4.

"That's the position, that's how it is. So I had to spate with it," he said.

"I judge I dealt with it pretty fit. You mate, I had my chances today, but I didn't aver them."

Stepanek can affirm the top payday of his career for his temporary Masters. Triumph over Gilles Playwright on Weekday would get him a turn 225,000 dollars for virtuous two matches, although he cannot now move the semi-finals.

The 30-year-old, who has concentrated right two wins in 12 life on circuit, admitted it was a "dream" to action the eight-man toughen finish.

"For me it was ever a imagery to modification in the Masters Cup because you're in the elite octad someone players in the reality," he said. "It's an righteousness for me to be here."

No comments: